- Born in 1955 in Bad Godesberg (North Rhine-Westphalia)
- 1975-1985: student of Social Sciences, History of Arts and Economics in Göttingen (Lower Saxonia); research assistant at the Faculty of Economics.
- 1985: Graduation in Social Economics (Diplom-Sozialwirtin)
- 1985-1989: Social Worker in an autonomous youth centre
- 1989-1991: Additional qualification in "Integrative Social and Addiction Therapy" ; worked in a substance abuse counselling agency and drug rehabilitation clinic
- Since 1991: Social Worker / Social Therapist in the social-psychiatric service of Göttingen (Lower Saxonia)
Involved since more then 30 years in social movements, especially in the altermondialist movement (attac), the peace movement and the ecologist movement. Strong involvement in local civil society and trade unions.
Founder and board member of the WASG (Labour and Social Justice – The Electoral Alternative).
Member of the national board of DIE LINKE.
Latest news from Arms manufacturers win big as massive subsidy programme gets green light
- African, Caribbean and Pacific States - Member
- Committee on Foreign Affairs - Member (C)
- Sub-Committee on Security and Defence - Vice-Chair (C)
- Committee on Development - Substitute