- Doctorate in sociology from Coimbra University, Portugal, with the thesis 'Is nature sick of us? Health, environment and new forms of citizenship' (2009); MA in sociology in the field of social studies related to science and technology, Coimbra University, Portugal (2003); graduate in sociology, Coimbra University, Portugal (1998). Areas of specialisation: environmental health, sociology of science, sociology of health, political sociology. Has published scientific articles and chapters of books and other national and international publications on the relationship between the environment and public health, science and knowledge and democracy and citizenship. Has participated as a trainer/teacher in port-graduate training programmes and courses (including masters and doctorate programmes).
- Researcher at Coimbra University's Centre for Social Studies, Portugal, since 2004; research assistant at Coimbra University's Centre for Social Studies, Portugal (2000-2004); teacher of sociology and other subjects at the ITAP and Profitecla schools (2000-2001); editorial secretary at Revista Crítica de Ciências Sociais (1998-2000).
- Member of the Bloco de Esquerda national directorate; member of the directorate of the Pro-Urbe Civic Association (Coimbra). National leader of the 'Citizenship and Responsibility sayYes' movement, within the context of the national referendum on the legalisation of abortion in Portugal. Headed the Bloco de Esquerda list in the Coimbra municipal elections (2005).
Latest news from Dealing with forest fires means making changes to the EU budget
Latest events from Critical evaluation of austerity programmes & the EP scrutiny role in the Greek case and beyond
- Mashreq - Chair
- Committee on Industry, Research and Energy - Substitute
- Committee on Economic and Monetary Affairs - Member(C)
- - Vice-Chair