- Master's degree in law (1976); Master's in economics (1977); M.A. in political science (1979);
- Doctor of international law (2000).
- Foreign Affairs Ministry (diplomatic service)(1980-1983); Social Affairs Ministry (European integration policy)(1983-1986); Justice Ministry (head of immigration policy development department)(1987-1992); EU Permanent Representation (Justice Council)(1996-1998); Justice Ministry (project leader for Global Forum on Fighting Corruption and Safeguarding Integrity)(1999-2001); Foreign Affairs Ministry (special adviser on human rights and good governance)(2002-2009).
- Coordinator of the Socialist Party's working group on social globalisation (2007-2008).
- Member of the Socialist Party branch executive, Rotterdam (2007-2009).
- European Commission (END, later temporary agent, Justice and Home Affairs)(1993-1996).
Latest news from Arrogant Commission buries head in sand on Selmayr debacleRead More
- Arab Peninsula - Member
- Committee on Internal Market and Consumer Protection - Member (C)
- Committee on Budgetary Control - Member (C)
- Committee on Civil Liberties, Justice and Home Affairs - Substitute
- Committee of Inquiry into emission measurements in the automotive sector - Substitute