- Advanced secondary school-leaving certificate (1975); studied at Clara Zetkin teacher training college, Leipzig (1975-1979); research student (1979-1982); Ph.D. (February 1983). Instructor, Großenhain Teacher Training College (September 1982); Social Sciences Academy, Berlin (September 1989); returned to Großenhain Teacher Training College (1990-1991), worked for the Social Affairs Working Party of the LL-PDS Group in Saxony Regional Assembly in Dresden (from July 1991).
- Regional chair, PDS, Linkspartei-PDS in Saxony (2001); Regional Chair, Die Linke, Saxony (since 2007).
- Replacement member of Saxony Regional Assembly (since November 1998); Member of the Assembly, specialisations: home affairs, asylum and migration policy, social affairs and equality, the Hartz IV package (until July 2009); municipal councillor in Dresden (1999-2009).
Latest news from Electricity market proposals undermine climate change and energy poverty challengeRead MoreRead More
- EU-Bosnia and Herzegovina, and EU-Kosovo - Member
- Iran - Iran
- Committee on Civil Liberties, Justice and Home Affairs - Member (C)
- Committee on Industry, Research and Energy - Substitute
- Committee of Inquiry into emission measurements in the automotive sector - Substitute