Defend the Right of Independent Living - How the EU´s austerity policy is undermining the lives of p
Hearing organised by GUE/NGL in collaboration with ENIL (European Network for Independent Living)
European Parliament, Room A1G2, Brussels
Thursday 9 February 2012 - 15.00 - 18.30
The hearing will be webstreamed on the www.guengl.eu
Panel 1: Understanding the impact of austerity measures on persons with disabilities
- Kartika Liotard, MEP
- Cecilia Wikström, MEP – Setting the scene;
- John Evans OBE, Advisory Board member of the European Network on Independent Living;
- Michael McCabe, Chairperson of the Centre for Independent Living Dublin;
- Kapka Panayotova, Director of the Centre for Independent Living Sofia and Chairwoman of the European Network on Independent Living;
- Prof. Alan Roulstone, Expert on global and European disability policy.
Panel 2: Addressing the threat of cuts to the rights of persons with disabilities at the European level
- Paul Murphy, MEP
- Simona Giarratano, Policy Officer at the European Disability Forum;
- Sian Jones, Policy Officer at the European Anti-Poverty Network (TBC);
- Peter Lambreghts, European Network on Independent Living and Onafhankelijk Leven;
- Representative of the European Commission (TBC).
Reception to follow
Want to know more about the hearing? Download this document.
Please register by 02 february 2012 at email@example.com
If you do not have an EU Parliament badge, please include your date of birth, nationality and passport number, so we can arrange your access into Parliament.
For more information:
- Tanja Niemeier: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Gianfranco Battistini: email@example.com